DOLPHIN AND WHALE WATCHING TOURS
· Depart Dumaguete for Bais an hour travel.
· Cruise to
. The Tañon Strait is home to hundreds of dolphins ( spinner and bottlenose ) and sperm whales. Tañon Strait
· Lunch at Campuyo White Sandbar. The pristine 7 km Sandbar caps an exhilarating morning, where you can swim and snorkel in its clear blue waters or just laze around the fine white sand beach.
· Afternoon swim
· Cruise through Talabong Mangrove Area. A 400-hectare protected mangrove in Bais form dense thickets which serves as natural habitat of several important wetland wildlife such as the endemic Philippine mallards or wild ducks, various species of herons or egrets including the migratory giant heron from
GETTING THERE . . .
POINT OF ORIGIN –
DESTINATION’S LOCATION – Bais Bay, Along
DISTANCE – From
45 kms to Poblacion Bais Dumaguete City
MODE OF TRANSPORTATION
· By bus. In Dumaguete, check Ceres Bus Terminal northbound bus at
, Tel. No. 035 225 –
9030. Calindagan Dumaguete
· Departs every 30 mins daily
PhP DGTE - BAIS Airconditioned
PhP DGTE - BAIS Non-Aircon
o By Van. V-HIRE terminal in front of
PhP DGTE – BAIS V-HIRE
o Tricycle from Bais to Capiñahan wharf PhP 20.00 BAIS
o Government boats use for the cruises.
PhP 3,015.00 (15 pax)
PhP 4,020.00 (20 pax)
o Privately- operated pumpboat use for the cruises.
PhP 4,500.00 (15pax)
Php 5,000.00 (20pax)
ACCOMMODATION within the vicinity
Bahia de Bais Tel. No. 035 402 – 9412; 541 –
5388; 0916 – 646 – 8844
o La Planta Hotel Tel. No. 035 402 – 8321
o Felix Economy Lodge
+63 915 – 887 – 3372 Mobile
Visits can be arranged through Jun Serrano, City Tourism Office,
Telefax 035 02 - 6629 or 0917 – 314 – 1601.