From the City tour of Puerto Princessa, Palawan. The next day we uncovers the mystical underground river which is now included in the 7 wonders of the word. Using a van from the capital of Palawan, we traveled several ours going to the next spot. Excited as we are never know what instills us when we arrive at the place. During the travel there will be a store or a tower that the van can stop over for the tourists to have a break for the long ride. The store has an over looking tower that will let you see the beautiful mountains and forests, one part of the view is the sneak peek of the place that we're heading to. The stop over will be very beneficial coz it will let you breathe the fresh air from the untouched forests and mountains, very refreshing. Upon arriving to the place, hungry and exhausted we ate to a near restaurant and let ourselves breath for seconds. Some of us are still dizzy from the heavy long ride but remember what awaits for us ^^. Looking from side to side we noticed that there are a few souvenir shops that caught our attention. Never the less it will not cover the feeling that we're one step towards the real adventure and discovery. But before that we have to process first the documents needed for us to go to the underground river. First, for the management to control the flow of the tourists and maintain order, we have to follow the a “No Permit, No Entry” policy. All visitors are required to secure a Visitor Entry Permit at the Underground River Booking office before proceeding to the Park. Visitors are required to present valid identification cards and register individually prior to the tour. Failure to comply may result into non-admittance to the underground river. For the convenience I would like to share the terms and conditions from the policy so that you may be guided. I got it from the government page for Palawan.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1) PARK POLICY – To protect and preserve outstanding universal values, Management has set a carrying capacity for Underground River and is strictly enforcing a “No Permit, No Entry” policy to support it. All persons are required to secure an entry permit from the Underground River Booking Office before entering the Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park.
BOOKINGS – Permit application forms must be duly accomplished clearly indicating name of applicant, date of visit, place of visit, purpose of visit, duration of visit, local address and contact number.
2) VISITOR ENTRY PERMIT (VEP) – The VEP is conclusive proof of contract between PPSRNP and Visitor for the PPUR tour. VEP’s shall be issued detailing each visitor’s individual booking reference number, date and time of entry. No VEP shall be finalized, confirmed and issued and until the payment of corresponding fees.
GROUP TOURS – Groups comprising of fifty (50) or more person are required to secure VEP at least five (5) days before the date of planned visit. Failure to comply with this requirement may result to the non-issuance of VEP..
3) VALIDITY – Visitors shall have access only on the date, time and areas indicated in the VEP. Proper arrangements should be made with Park for visits beyond the dates and times indicated in the VEP, or to additional places not indicated in the VEP. The VEP shall be valid only until the date indicated therein;
4) NON-TRANSFERABLE – VEP is non-transferable and may only be used by the person whose name appears on the VEP. Valid identification card shall be required during registration. If it is found that the person presenting the permit is not the same person as named in the permit; the Park shall refuse entry to such person.
5) REGISTRATION – Permits must be validated at the Park Information Office in Sabang Pier at least one (1) hour prior to the time indicated in the VEP. Visitors are required to individually register the Underground River holding area at fifteen (15) minutes prior to tour. Failure to do so may result in the forfeiture of confirmed booking.
6) CANCELLATION – The Park may cancel issued VEP’s during extreme weather conditions and other fortuitous events where the permitee/s may be placed under perilous circumstance or when justified by circumstances beyond its control. In such case, the affected visitor has the option to rebook for the tour or seek a refund without payment of any rebooking fees or refund surcharges.
7) NAME CHANGE – the Park will allow change of name to any name in the permit only if the request is made three (3) days before date of intended visit as indicated in the VEP and that the number of names to be changed does not exceed twenty (20%) percent of the total names in listed in permit.
8) REBOOKING - The unused VEP may be rebooked for a later date only if made more than three (3) days before date of the tour as indicated in the VEP and after payment of a One Hundred (P100.00) Peso rebooking fee at the Underground River Booking Office.
9) REFUNDS – The unused VEP may be refunded at the City Treasurer’s Office only if made more than three (3) days before the date of tour as indicated in the VEP. Refunds will be made only upon payment of a One Hundred (P100.00) Peso surcharge
10) NO SHOW – Failure of the visitor to show up or is a “no show” for tour on the date and time indicated in the VEP shall result to the automatic forfeiture of his confirmed bookings and the amount he paid without the PPSRNP incurring any liability to him.
11) SUBJECT TO SEARCH – The PPSRNP reserves the right to search the visitor, his luggage or transportation to determine whether the visitor is in possession of or his luggage contains any prohibited materials or items. Should the visitor refuse to comply with the request to search, the Park may refuse entry to visitor.
12) LIABILITY – The Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park will not be liable for any loss or damage to property or personal belongings of visitors, nor to the injury or death due to accidents that may befall visitors during the duration of their stay in the Park.
13) RECOGNITION – Proper acknowledgement /recognition must be accorded to the Puerto Princesa Subterranean River National Park for any film, video documentary or scientific research conducted inside the Park.
14) REFUSE ENTRY – The PPSRNP reserves the right to refuse entry to any person for non-conformance to VEP Terms and Conditions, violation of prohibited acts under the National Integrated Protected Areas Systems Act, Cave Management Act, Wildlife Conservation Act and other applicable laws. PPSRNP shall not be liable for denial of their entry or any inconvenience pursuant to this.
Palawan Packages vary from different Travel and Tours Company. You must go to Palawan and you will never regret. You must see all its tourist spots.